lördag 16 november 2013




On March 3rd, I had an exhibition at the Photographic Society of Uppsala. The exhibition was intended as an ending to my career as a photographer and consisted, among other things, of my "Gåvobilder" the pictures that I gave away at the end of each course as thanks for the course. I wanted to close the circle of my teaching with the exhibition and exhibit the pictures the students received over the years. I did a big fuss in the newspapers about it, something I don't usually do. I made the fuss because I wanted the word to get out to all my former students, sort of an informal reunion. 

It was fun. Lots and lots of people and former students came. One girl who was in my first class in 1973 showed up. Then she was a girl of 13, now a woman of 53 (and she still looked the same!) Two fellows from class number 2 came also. They hadn't seen each other in about 20 years and were glad to meet again. I had planned this to be my last exhibition ever, but got talked into one by a former student to have one in Söderhamn in January of next year.

I chose this picture as my last “gåvobild”, a last present to all my former students who showed up at the exhibition. It is from my magic garden in Germany, “Zaubergarten” and was taken during a visit last May, 2011. I had received a Diana F+ as a present and could for the first time photograph my garden at night. 

Inga kommentarer: