måndag 23 augusti 2010


Our summer cabin lies equally distant between a peninsula looking out over the ocean and the mail box. This summer I got the idea for a little project "On the Road", taking pictures as I walked to the one or the other. For many reasons I work primarily on film with manual cameras. However for my self-portrait project I have been using a digital Mavica, a bit primitive maybe, but fully automated. But I felt "on the Road" just HAD to be taken with my 6X9 camera that I hadn't used since photographing "Summer 1981". As I started walking down the road the thought struck me that I was asking a lot of a camera that had lain dormant for 27 years. No fear, the camera performed flawlessly, though the same could not be said of the cameraman. Brainwashed by my digital camera I forgot to take the exposure, and when I did that I forgot to set the shutter speeds and f-stop and when I did that I forgot to advance the film!

Inga kommentarer: